Print this page
Benton County Fire Protection District #4 (BCFD4) is a department that is comprised of volunteers as well as career members. BCFD4 relies heavily on the volunteers for call response, participation in community events, public education and various other requests for public assistance.
If you are applying for volunteer firefighter and do not have previous experience, BCFD#4 provides a training academy for both wildland and structural firefighting. After the academy, each volunteer is encouraged to become involved with the department as much as possible.
Minimum requirements for becoming a volunteer firefighter include:
1. Complete an accurate application.
2. Be at least18 years of age at appointment and eligible to work in the United States.
3. Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
4. Have and maintain an insurable driving record with no more than two traffic violations within the past 5 years.
5. Have a clear criminal history for crimes against people, drugs, firearms, and etc.
6. Be free of tobacco use, in accordance with the Smoking/Tobacco use rule #06-18 adopted October 2006.
7. Must have and maintain physical fitness for duty and be capable of performing any required firefighting, rescue, and emergency medical activities.
8. Successfully pass a Washington State Patrol back ground check.
9. Live within a reasonable response time to district boundaries or stations.
Recruiting will normally happen once a year, depending on the need for volunteer firefighters, and in conjunction with the spring recruit academy dates. Applications will be accepted between December 1st and January 15th. After turning in your completed application, a representative from BCFD4 will contact you. Applications for Rehab Volunteer, Administrative Volunteer or other General Volunteer will be accepted year round, as these positions have different requirements.
If you have previous firefighting or EMS experience, your application may be accepted outside the application period on a case by case basis. If an opening becomes available, you may be invited to participate in the testing and interview process.
If at any time after turning in your application there is a change to your personal information, i.e. address, phone number, or name, please contact BCFD4 District Office with the changes.
To apply please print off an application using the following link: